Guidance Digital (“GD”) is committed to protecting your personal data.
GD is a web design and marketing company.
How do we collect your personal data?
Directly: You may provide us with your personal information when you engage us to provide Services or otherwise correspond with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, or we obtain such information as a result of your relationship with our staff or clients.
Automatically: Through monitoring your use of our Site and through electronic marketing, we may collect personal information from you automatically.
Third parties or public sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties, for example from our clients or their representatives, credit reporting agencies, recruitment agencies, and other providers of information or services. We may also receive publicly available information about you from various sources, including Companies House, anti-money laundering or ID verification service providers, social media or public registries.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect different types of information depending on the nature of our relationship with you. For example, we may collect and process the following types of personal data:
- contact information such as your name, occupation, gender, postal addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses;
- financial information, including bank account details;
- transaction information including details of payment to and from you and other details of Services provided to you;
- information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events, including access and dietary requirements; and
- other information relevant to the provision of our Services.
Where your personal data is processed by us as a result of us providing Services to someone else, the personal information processed will vary according to the Services provided and the context in which the personal data is obtained.
If you apply for a job or work placement with us, we may require you to provide information about your education, employment and health. Your application will constitute your express consent to our use of this information to assess your application and to any monitoring which we may be required to carry out in accordance with our legal obligations. We may also carry out screening checks (including reference, background, financial status, identity, eligibility to work and criminal record checks) and consider you for other positions. We may disclose your personal information (including diversity and equal opportunities data) to recruiters, screening check providers, health service providers, professional and trade associations, law enforcement agencies, recruitment analytics and diversity research providers, referees and your current and previous employers. We may also collect your personal information from these parties in some circumstances. Without your personal information we may not be able to progress considering you for positions with us.
Use of your information
We may use your personal information if:
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you;
- it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate business interests (or those of a third party) in the provision of web design and marketing services;
- you have provided your consent (where necessary) to such use or your employer has obtained your consent (where necessary); or
- we are required or authorised to do so by law.
We may use the personal information we collect to:
- provide and improve our services to you or your employer;
- maintain and develop our relationship with you and our clients;
- monitor and analyse our business;
- fulfil our legal or professional obligations;
- protect, exercise or defend legal rights; and
- process and respond to requests, enquiries or complaints received from you.
Disclosure of your information
We may provide your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- our clients, your professional advisors and your employers;
- our professional advisors, auditors and insurers;
- technology providers including cloud and online services and data storage providers
- outsourced service providers for example, archiving, auditing, document processing, IT support, website, social media, banking, data processing and destruction;
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary in the circumstances. Personal information provided in connection with the provision of our web design and marketing services will be retained in accordance with our retention policies unless we agree otherwise with you, in writing.
For further information about our data retention policies, please contact email@example.com.
We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form and to prevent unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Our information management and security policy is supported by a number of processes and procedures and we store information in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. All staff and third party providers with access to confidential information are subject to confidentiality obligations.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our online services; any transmission is at your own risk.
You have certain rights in connection with our processing of your personal information. You will not have to pay a fee to exercise any of these rights, although we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or we may refuse to comply with your request.
We may require specific information from you in order to help us confirm your identity and validate your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to facilitate our response.
- You have the right to request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your personal information, please write to us. If you require additional copies of any data we hold about you then we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- You have the right to ask us to correct any incorrect information we hold about you, or to complete any incomplete information. If you think that any information we have about you is incorrect, incomplete or needs updating then please contact us.
- You have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. If, for specific legal reasons, we are unable to comply with your request for erasure, we will notify you at the time of your request.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data if: you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or where you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- You have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information with which you have provided us (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
- You have the right to object to our processing your personal data if you feel that it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms and our lawful ground for processing your personal data is that it is in our legitimate business interests to do so.
- You have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data, where we are relying on consent as the lawful basis for such processing. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you, in which case we will advise you of this at the time you withdraw your consent.
- You have the right to be notified of a personal data breach if it results in a high risk to your rights and freedoms.
If you receive marketing materials relating to our services by email or post, you may withdraw your consent for us to send these to you at any time, by using the “unsubscribe” option included in the email or other material. Alternatively, you can let us know your preferences by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any queries or requests regarding this policy, or our practices concerning your personal data, please contact Charlie Bestall at Guidance Digital by email on email@example.com.
We will take endeavour to resolve or answer concerns as soon as possible and usually within 30 days.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the ICO (www.ico.org.uk) however we would appreciate it if you would contact us in the first instance to give us the opportunity to address your concerns.
Web Design Services in Bristol
Professional and friendly website designers working with customers in the city and across the wider UK.
We offer web design services to customers right across Bristol. Areas including Ashley, Avonmouth, Bedminster, Bishopston, Brislington, Clifton, Cotham, Easton, Eastville, Filwood, Hartcliffe, Henbury, Horfield, Knowle, Lawrence Hill, Lockleaze, Redland, Southmead, Southville, St George, Stockwood, Stoke Bishop, Westbury-on-Trym, Whitchurch, Windmill Hill and Withywood.